PROCO check valves »ProFlexTM«, series 700, are an economically optimal solution for the prevention of back flow and pressures onto sewer systems, outfalls from purification devices, rainwater outfalls, as well as water level management in retainers, tide control, etc. ProFlexTM check vales are entirely autonomous devices which, with the right product and installation of the product, require minimal maintenance. They do not require electrical power or manual control to operate. The tradition of rubber piping production at the company PROCO goes all the way back to 1930.
Check valves are available in the following versions:
- Flanged version. The valve is bolted onto the pipe or a wall (Style 710 and 720)
- Slip-in versions, which are placed onto a pipe (concrete, PVC, PE, PP, polyester, cast iron, ductile, etc.) and fixed with clamps or, if required, additionally with bolts (Style 730 and 740)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR “ProFlexTM” CHECK VALVES series 700
GENERALLY ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Valid for products of series 710/730/720/740. ProFlexTM elastomeric check valves are made compliant with the requests and requirements of the client, planner, service provider, for every specific product individually. Check valves are, as a standard, made of elastomeric materials, such as Neoprene and Nitrile (version compliant with the NSF/ANSI 61 Standard – Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects), with multiple reinforcement layers, and, in the case of use for drinking water, covered with a Nitrile layer. In regards to needs, versions made of other materials are also possible.
- Further in the catalogue, information can be found for every product (Proco Style 710/720/730/740) individually, where basic characteristics, use, dimensions, mass, pressure loss, work pressures, and possible elastomeric from which the products are made, are presented.
- Workshop drawings are available upon request in advance.
MANUFACTURE QUALITY GUARANTEE
- The manufacturer PROCO PRODUCTS, INC. has been involved in the production of elastomeric check valves for over 19 years and in the production of other elastomeric products since 1930.
- The manufacturer PROCO PRODUCTS, INC. carries out the production and documentation compliant with the ISO 9001 Standard.
- The manufacturer PROCO PRODUCTS, INC. carries out and may carry out, upon order, hydraulic testing on the valves of up to 1800mm in diameter, in a certified laboratory. It is possible to identify flow, pressure loss, flow speed, etc. Testing and data are carried out upon order.
Check valves “Style 710/730” are valves, primarily installed at the end of a pipe and are either placed onto the pipe and fastened with a stainless steel clamp / clamps (and, if required, by bolting onto the pipe), or bolted onto a wall / pipe with an integrated flange and screws. Valves are available in dimensions listed in tables below or as ordered.
- Check valves “Style 720/740” are valves, which are installed into the pipe. The inside of the valve ends in an outflow bill, which only allows flow in the outflow direction. They may be attached either with a flange, screwed between two pipes, or into the pipe with an extendable ring, which presses the valve against the wall of the pipe. If required, the valve is additionally bolted onto the wall of the pipe. Valves are available in dimensions listed in tables below or as ordered. All valves have a straight outflow part (lip) in the recognisable bell shape, which is opened at lower pressures than the valves with a curved lip.
- Check valves with a curved outflow part (lip) and / or straight bottom ARE NOT ON OFFER AND ARE ALSO NOT A PART OF THE PRODUCTION ASSORTMENT, as they often break, do not provide a suitable function, and need to be serviced frequently (additional literature is available upon request). All valves are marked with a serial number and dimensions of the product, as well as with the name of the company and the location of installation or project, should the client request it specifically.
When the height of the water column or pressure on the inside of the check valve is higher than the water column or pressure on the outer side, for a particular difference, the valve opens and allows passage of liquid through. When the pressure on the outer side of the valve exceeds the inner one, the valve closes and remains in this position until the proportions of water columns or pressures does not change again.
For appropriate installation, functioning, and operation, every product comes with a Manual for Installation, Operation and Maintenance.
The official representative, NIVO EKO, d.o.o., is at your disposal for professional help and advice.
All rubber check valves of the 700 series are manufactured at PROCO PRODUCTS INC. in Stockton, California, USA, and in other manufacturing plants around the world.